For the book assignment, it took me a while to think about books I used to read. I know I read a lot, but my memory isn't the best. I remember doing "SSR" in elementary school after lunch everyday "Silent Sustained Reading". Most kids seemed to hate it, yet I enjoyed it. I read at home fairly often as well. As I grew older, I read less and less. Currently, I read for leisure about everyday; usually when I am at the gym. I wish I had more time to read!
The first books I thought of that I enjoyed while in elementary school was the Baby-sitter's Club series. I loved reading about all of the girls' adventures. I also really looked up to the girls in the books and felt like I could relate with a few of the characters:
I also remember reading Fudge-A-Mania. I don't remember exactly what this book was about, but I remember I loved it. I even had my brother read it at one point and we would watch the TV show on Saturday mornings:
I think every child who lived through the 90's read Goosebumps. I remember thinking some of the books were SO scary, but it was cool to be scared. Weird. When the movies and TV show came out, I was all about it!

Lastly, I remember reading the American Girl series. A lot of my friends read the books and we would decided which one of us is the most like each of the characters. Whenever our class would go to the school library, we would race to the shelf that had these books.

I loved ALL of these books as a child! So fun!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I loved the American Girl collection. we had all the books and me and my sisters collected the doll stuff. Talk about major part of my childhood.
ReplyDelete