Friday, September 25, 2009

Advertising Fool


I am one of the reasons why marketing companies stay in business.


I basically fall for every commercial or advertisement that seems "cool" to me.

deotorant, candy bars, new milk shakes/smoothies, hair product, toothpaste, socks, shoes, sales, restaurants, vitamins, medicine, workout videos, vacations, granola bars, cereal, cell phones, laptops, etc...

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!

My husband on the other hand, is the complete opposite. So much, that he will purposefully not buy items he views in advertisements. I think we balance each other out.

Anytime I am at the store, it doesn't matter which one, I will come across items and remember the commercial or advertisement I saw before hand. If i liked the commercial, I will buy and test out the item. Since I am a poor, college student, usually the things I buy aren't that expensive.

The commercials I find most convincing are those darn infomercials that are like 30 minutes long. If I am ever up early on Saturday morning or stay up late, I will always get stuck on one when I am channel surfing. By the end of the commercial, I feel like I "gotta have" whatever was advertised.

And I will admit, I have succumbed a few times and actually purchased the item. But since I have been married, that hasn't happened, thankfully.

Since I am aware of this "problem", I don't really consider it a "problem". Well at least not yet. I find it entertaining to watch myself as I fall for new advertisements.

Some day, when I am rich, I will buy all the products:

They are the best! Everything they advertise will make my life so much easier. (since my life is just sooo hard...) During my trip to Bed Bath and Beyond this week, I noticed they have a whole section with items featured on all the infomercials! It was soo cool to see everything in real life. Haha... I am such a dork.

And I totally wanted it all.

Someday, someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment