Friday, September 25, 2009

Addicted

This show is one of my favorites.
And I have no idea why.
Season 8 began last week and I was looking forward to it all summer!
The show is basically a reality competition to see who can lose the most weight. All of the contestants are extremely over weight and it is seriously crazy how much weight they lose throughout the season. My husband and I will sit through the 2 hour show every Tuesday night together. (At least we are spending time together right? )

Here are the contestants for this season:
I have started to pick my "favorites" for the season. I am mean and get annoyed by the "over emotional" contestants, so as of now, my fav is Coach Mo. He just seems like a cool guy. But I still think last season was better.
Even though I really like this show, I still think it's crazy that I am just watching people try to lose weight. Why is it so entertaining? And what is even more crazy, is that the show has millions of other viewers like me! It is interesting to see how "the media" can turn something, like losing weight, into entertainment. And why do I always fall for it?


1 comment:

  1. quite the popular show. i wonder if the appeal has anything to do with the fact that millions of americans can relate to the people on the show, it wouldn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete