Friday, September 18, 2009

Boys Like Girls

One of my "All-Time" favorite bands,
Boys Like Girls,
came out with a new CD...

The tittle of the CD is "Love Drunk". I think the wording they chose for the CD is interesting, say the least. I can understand the meaning behind the words "Love Drunk", but why use the word "drunk". Is it really necessary?
To me, the phrase "love drunk" means "love" can be so uncontrollable, that it can make you feel out of it; similar to being "drunk".

Besides the title of their new CD, Boys Like Girls did an awesome job on their second album. In the past, bands I have come to love have never been able to live up to their first album I fell in love with. Example: All American Rejects.

A few of BLG's new songs have a huge 80's feel to them, which is not my favorite, but the more I have listened to the album, the more I have come to like the 80's feel.


I have a tendency to not always listen to lyrics, or comprehend them in the way they were purposefully written. I actually find this to be a good quality, because it has always been for the better. While listening to the CD, I decided to read through some of their songs, to see what is really going on. I was happy to see that the majority of their songs had no cuss words! NICE! (Is it bad that I am willing to settle for minor fowl language use in music, compared to none?) And most of the songs seemed to be somewhat innocent in their message.

Since I purchased the CD last weekend, I have listened to it countless times... at the gym, driving in my car, and around the house. It is that good!

Time to add more hours to my weekly media exposure!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review post! I love their last CD, I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this isn't really related to your post, but I just wanted to let you know that I think your blog is really cute. Things with attractive formats, etc. really are more pleasing to the eye and make it more fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huge fan of BLGs and huge fan of the song Love Drunk. not that i've even been drunk, but i have been in love.

    ReplyDelete