Friday, November 13, 2009

Picture of Christ


At the beginning of the semester, I purchased this picture to hang in our home.

My husband and I both agree it is important to have a picture of Christ in our home. Sadly, it took us almost a year and a half to finally get one.

I see this picture everyday, and I feel like it has made a difference in my life. It's crazy how a picture can have such a great effect. Christ plays such a major role in our own lives and we wanted the picture to be seen by all those who enter our home. So we hung the picture in our living room, where we also spend most of our time at home. I love looking at the picture and thinking about the love Christ has for me.


4 comments:

  1. Agreed. Your comments have helped me remember specific moments in which a picture of the Savior has profoundly influenced me. One was by Liz Lemon Swindle in which Christ was holding his mother, supposedly before his crucifixion. It was tender and profound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about this lately as well. I'm so glad to hear that you put the picture in the center of your home. My roommate put a picture of Christ by our desk and I noticed that there are pictures of Him in the computer labs around campus. I think that is such a wonderful way to remember him, especially as we are using media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Lisa! I have a picture of the temple that I like to keep in the "high traffic" part of our apartment so that we can see it as often as possible. It reminds us to keep focused on the eternal perspective of everything. I love it!

    ReplyDelete